Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Woman & Sphinx

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc156/lotus_feet/NinavonSchlebruggandSphinxEgyptPark.jpg
This photograph is oddly very interesting. I just think both of the subjects, (the woman and the sphinx conveniently behind her) are completely unrelated. Judging by her hat and the small amount of clothing that I can see, it looks like she is European or American, whereas the sphinx, as you may already know is traditional Egyptian work.

The thing that makes this picture well captured is how the woman seems to be entirely captivated by the sphinx, or feels a certain connection. Her hand on the sphinx's head crown enhances the emotion.

What I also find interesting is the difference in contrast between the two subjects. The woman herself has a large amount of contrast, from her pale white skin to her black hat and eyelashes. However, the sphinx itself seems to reside in the many shades of gray, even with the incredibly light part at the bottom.

I looked carefully in the background, and what I see is some sort of a hut, to the central right, and located at the top left is some sort of a thing (I think it may be a tree) with many shades of gray. It really makes me wonder where this was taken. There are so many different places it could have been. Maybe in Egypt, where the sphinx belongs, or even in some Hollywood studio.

No comments: