Monday, November 17, 2008

My Sweet Shadow


This photo seems to be very interesting to me. The colors are all in the same shade. They seem to be a turquoise blue and gray. It's very intriguing how the photographer seems to only use include these shades. With the emptiness of the street, it seems to make the tone of the photo seem depressing. There seems to be a large amount of contrast. Even if it is not directly black and white. There is a lot of dark and bright colors.

When I also see this picture, I think of a rainy or cloudy day. There is small detail on the ground. There is a bright white gloss that looks like drops of water.

I think what stands out is the figure next to the street lamp. So much could be built off of that. It gives the viewer freedom to imagine (using the mood and other elements) to create a background story or a detailed description on what is going on.

The title is also very peculiar, and I wonder what the photographer meant when titling the piece.

No comments: